Life Skills Workshops: February & March
There are so many resources to help individuals and families thrive in South Jersey! Heart of South Jersey and The Center for People in Transition always offer a variety of free, insightful life skills workshops. Here are some upcoming classes in February & March:
ALL WORKSHOPS ARE FREE!
- How to Figure Out Your Meaning and Purpose after a Life Transition – Life is full of transitions and some of those transitions can result in emotional pain. Your meaning and purpose in life changes and you may feel lost or unsure. Learn how to reconnect with your purpose and begin the journey back to well-being.
- Advance Care Planning – Do you have a loved one coping with a serious illness, deterioration of quality of life and frequent trips to the hospital or emergency room? Vitas Healthcare can help provide solutions. Vitas Healthcare provides care for adult and pediatric patients with a wide range of life-limiting illnesses. Serving as a caregiver can be overwhelming. Join us for a discussion on how Vitas Healthcare can help.
- Nutrition and Fitness – A Way of Life – Not a Temporary Fix! – Healthy eating and fitness is not a destination — it is a way of life. This workshop will help you take control of your lifestyle by showing you how to make better decisions on eating and exercising. Learn to exercise your mind and your body so you can enjoy better health. Some vision board design will be included.
- How to Create the Most Important Relationship in Your Life: Relationship with Self – Many people do not realize how important it is to have a meaningful and healthy relationship with themselves. Liking yourself is the key to having healthy relationships with others. Learn how to strengthen your relationship with yourself to have more inner happiness and gain healthier relationships with others in your life.
- Feng Shui – Join us at this beginner workshop and learn how Feng Shui can help you manage your life. Feng Shui (translated as wind and water) can invite a balancing blend of peace and harmony into your life through the way you place furniture and objects within your home. You can achieve tranquility and happiness and make your life a better one with Feng Shui. If you can bring a floor plan of your house, it would be helpful. If not, do not worry! We will work on one!
- iPhone/iPad 101 – In today’s world, smart devices are essential for everyday life. Each device is different and has a wide range of functions that can make navigating them confusing. In this workshop, you will explore some of the inner workings of iPhones and iPads. Topics covered will include: downloading apps, using email, social media, phone security, Wi-Fi, calendars, and much more. We will go step by step through the features of your Apple device so that you can better understand its many functions.
- What Employers Expect from their Employees in the 21st Century – Are you one of the frustrated individuals who has sent your resume to hundreds of employers — and perhaps even got the interview — but still was not hired? Whether employed or seeking employment, it is so important to know employers’ expectations. Getting the job is a fantastic feat, but knowing the keys to keeping the job is a life skill that must be practiced daily. Come join us for this workshop and learn what is acceptable and what is unacceptable in the workplace.
- The Four Steps to Effectively Play the Hand You Have Been Dealt – Sometimes life deals you a bad hand — a divorce, the death of a loved one, loss of a job, etc. They will cause pain and challenges. This hands-on workshop will offer you tools to recognize and deal with your emotions, easing the pain and struggle.
- Internet Safety: Protecting Yourself Online – This workshop will arm you with useful tips for keeping yourself and your family safe while browsing the internet. Topics will include: avoiding computer viruses, evading scams, safe shopping and the importance of a strong password. It will also provide you with some useful strategies for monitoring your children’s computer use as well.